What is Connect?
CONNECT, a coordinated intake and referral process, helps pregnant women, caregivers and families with young children by providing a one-stop entry point for needed resources, such as education and support in childbirth, newborn care, parenting, child development, food and nutrition, mental health and financial self-sufficiency.
One call to 877-678-9355 from self-referring individuals, referring agencies and healthcare providers can connect pregnant women and families to home visiting programs that help ensure a healthy start in life and a hopeful future.
Benefits of Home Visiting
- Moms and babies are healthier.
- Children are better prepared for school.
- Children are safer.
- Families are more self-sufficient.
- Home visiting programs save money.
- Childbirth education
- Newborn care instruction
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Parenting education and support
- Counseling services
- Help to quit smoking
- Nutritional education
- School readiness
- Child development education and support
- Family planning education
- Car seat safety
- Infant safety